Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Searching NAS
Other than shodan.io, I also use use censys.io with the same search criteria as shodan. There's an extra click involved in going to a NAS site, but works similarly like shodan.io. Censys limits 10 queries of 25 per page on their site, so usually switching proxy locations will bypass the IP limitations, if I want to look for more open/public NAS sites.
FYI on shodan w/ a free account you can get unlimited results if you switch over to the map view, just drag to any location you want to browse through, found this one yesterday
[Image: IMG_1035.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1084.png]

[Image: IMG_1092.jpg]
Great tip! What search did you use to find these?

(08-15-2018, 10:11 AM)gbsprintvsb Wrote: FYI on shodan w/ a free account you can get unlimited results if you switch over to the map view, just drag to any location you want to browse through, found this one yesterday
[Image: IMG_1035.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1084.png]

[Image: IMG_1092.jpg]
hxxps://www.shodan.io/search?query=port%3A21+214-ADMIN_Login
(08-17-2018, 01:41 PM)gbsprintvsb Wrote: hxxps://www.shodan.io/search?query=port%3A21+214-ADMIN_Login

HEY! That's MY search. Smile Great find. And great tip on the map view. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
(08-20-2018, 04:42 PM)deepthoughtarchive Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 01:41 PM)gbsprintvsb Wrote: hxxps://www.shodan.io/search?query=port%3A21+214-ADMIN_Login

HEY! That's MY search. Smile  Great find.  And great tip on the map view.  I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

How do you get the websites without having to paste and copy all of them?
could someone give an example of what to type in the address bar once you find an address on sites like shodan. I am using the map to view the pins then i click on them and it brings up a bunch of stuff i dont understand.
Or you can just put ftp:// in front of the IP as long as it using default port 21 your browser should connect via FTP. One reason I like doing this is if the users internet is fast I can place it in a fusker and I dont have to download them one-by-one
what is the fusker you use JamesGriffin ?
(08-30-2018, 02:41 AM)blkbablu Wrote: what is the fusker you use JamesGriffin ?

Just search Javascript fusker on google
Any chance of starting a list of good search parameters for shodan?
what default un/pw do you use?

(03-12-2019, 11:49 PM)surfinswap Wrote: what default un/pw do you use?

I haven't used any. I just use the old school "anonymous" ftp login. That search result will (generally) return ftp sites that are set up to allow anonymous individuals admin status. So no un/pw required. Presuming I understood your question correctly.
I know you can open FTP in the browser but how can you see image previews instead of just links to each photo?
(05-26-2019, 03:47 AM)superfly0987 Wrote: I know you can open FTP in the browser but how can you see image previews instead of just links to each photo?

As far as I know, you can't. When you 'preview' a pic on a browser, you are actually downloading it. May exist some plugin or software to 'preview' the pics, but you will be downloading them and the speed will depend on the ftp server upload speed.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
(05-26-2019, 05:59 AM)Precision Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 03:47 AM)superfly0987 Wrote: I know you can open FTP in the browser but how can you see image previews instead of just links to each photo?

As far as I know, you can't. When you 'preview' a pic on a browser, you are actually downloading it. May exist some plugin or software to 'preview' the pics, but you will be downloading them and the speed will depend on the ftp server upload speed.

You are correct but I hope there is a way to basically have them load all at once without having to download each one manually. Even if just a low quality preview.
(05-26-2019, 07:04 AM)superfly0987 Wrote:

You are correct but I hope there is a way to basically have them load all at once without having to download each one manually. Even if just a low quality preview.
If you can find a thumbs.db file (lucky enough) then download that and use a viewer.
(05-26-2019, 04:05 PM)zkl2017 Wrote: If you can find a thumbs.db file (lucky enough) then download that and use a viewer.

Yes it cuts down the time but that can be a hit or miss too.
(05-26-2019, 07:04 AM)superfly0987 Wrote:

I use the FireFTP plugin for Waterfox. It has an Explorer interface that I can grab directories at a time. just download them all into a temp directory and delete the uninteresting/not allowed ones. Granted, it's a lot like panning for gold, that way. I'm going to try the thumbnails.db trick on one downloading now.
Seems like digging around ftps in particular is for guys with a fast and unlimited internet connection.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thousand one night, searching. Zampo 2 1,507 04-18-2019, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Timecap