Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Hard Drives
Hello,

I need some help. I have multiple hard drives from computers I know have wins. However the old owner wiped the hard drive before selling it. I need to recover and im new at this. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also, I have a couple of hard drives which are password protected so I cant access the files, but need help doing so.

I know someone knows how to do this!

I will share whatever I find.
i use recuva, not bad little program, can tweek settings but the basic run should give you idea if will find deleted files.

as for password blocked, i'm sure if you connected to your computer, your able to go into the drive setting and change the permissions to add your own PC as an approved user. If not try recuva sure that will look past the protection.
(08-04-2019, 07:32 PM)waveyrazordave Wrote: i use recuva, not bad little program, can tweek settings but the basic run should give you idea if will find deleted files.

as for password blocked, i'm sure if you connected to your computer, your able to go into the drive setting and change the permissions to add your own PC as an approved user. If not try recuva sure that will look past the protection.

No, change permissions first. Recuva will only search where the user PC has its permissions.
I prefer this utility

hxxps://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step

Free is its best feature and I have had it work on several recovery situations where I accidentally deleted photos, which is I am sure what happened in your case.

The trick is you need to be comfortable at the command line, or at least willing to learn. The walk through is pretty good and if you hit me up on the side with a PM perhaps I can help you out, as I am always comfortable at the command line myself.
(08-04-2019, 11:25 PM)Mastopron Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 07:32 PM)waveyrazordave Wrote: i use recuva, not bad little program, can tweek settings but the basic run should give you idea if will find deleted files.

No, change permissions first. Recuva will only search where the user PC has its permissions.

good to know, not encountered situation where needed to test this.
(08-04-2019, 01:51 PM)Dougiehouser31 Wrote: Hello,

I need some help. I have multiple hard drives from computers I know have wins.  However the old owner wiped the hard drive before selling it.  I need to recover and im new at this. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also, I have a couple of hard drives which are password protected so I cant access the files, but need help doing so.

I know someone knows how to do this!

I will share whatever I find.

By wiped, you mean zero-out ? If that's the case then good luck. If the drive was formatted, it will yield results but if it was securely erased I won't even bother but, PhotoRec is an alternative however, recover the drive on a different PC or use an external-enclosure because you will minimize the chance of recovery; when you try to recover the files on the same drive it will just overwrite the drive and make recovery that much difficult.